The “4” most Important considerations when selling your home
Choosing an Agent
CHOOSE AN AGENT
When choosing an agent, you want someone to help you and represent you every step of the way. 100% of our clients choose to sign Agency Agreements with us. We will help you 'navigate' the home selling process by
- keeping you up to date on market activity in your neighborhood
- keep you informed of the Internet activity your home is receiving
- giving you feedback from actual showings
- looking for buyers, via social media, open houses, contact with other agents, and community involvement
- negotiating the best price on your behalf.
- We are an extra set of ears and eyes throughout the process, working for you. We listen.
- We are honest, hardworking, and put our client’s best interest first.
- We are well respected in our profession; other REALTORS want to work with us.
- Your trust and future referrals are most important to us.
- Keep grass freshly cut and remove yard clutter
- Weed and apply fresh mulch to flower beds and add new flowers for color
- Paint front door
- Clean windows inside and out
- Wash or paint home's exterior
- Tighten and clean all door handles
- Power wash patios, drives, siding, and roofs if needed
- Remove excessive wall hangings and furniture. De-clutter. Consider a temporary storage unit.
- Clean or paint walls, ceilings, and trim.
- Shampoo carpets
- Clean and organize cabinets and closets
- Clean all light fixtures
- Pay special attention to pet or other smells
- Turn all lights on
- Open drapes or blinds in daytime
- Take pets away or secure outdoors
- Play quiet background music
- Light gas fireplace (if seasonally appropriate)
- Infuse home with a comforting light scent like apple or vanilla
- Vacate property while being shown
CREATE A NOTEBOOK
- Gather utility bill records
- HOA information
- Sellers Disclosure
- List of “Things We LOVE About Our Home”
- List of Upgrades and Improvements
What factors determine the pricing of your home?
- Selling and listing prices of comparable homes and the current market
- Hard facts such as lot size, square footage, condition
- Desirability factors including location, amenities and attributes
Conditions that DO NOT affect the price of your home:
- Profit you wish to make from the sale
- The amount of money you have spent on improvements
- What other sources have told you it should sell for
- What you originally paid for your home
PRICING YOUR PROPERTY TOO HIGH
WILL EVENTUALLY HAVE YOU
THE MARKET TO KEEP UP WITH NEWER, BETTER PRICED HOMES ON THE MARKET
Maximizing results is the difference between a good and a great marketing strategy.
The single biggest game changer in the last 20 years is the internet. Today buyers shop for homes at all hours from the convenience of their homes. To expand our buyer pool, Keller Williams Technology has registered with over 450 of the most prominent Real Estate sites and search engines! To further expand our search for buyers, McElroy and Company actively look for buyers daily by using our interactive website, utilizing social media and prospecting.
Since 90% of buyers begin on the Internet, photos have your home in person! We take pride in our photos, so we hire a professional! We can put up to 40 pictures in with our listing. Comments are then added to each photo, reinforcing the written MLS copy!
WE DO THESE WELL – A combination of
- yard signs
- open houses (one immediately, and more as needed)
- office E-tours (replacing caravans)
- computerized key boxes, that immediately inform us when your home has been entered.
- promoting at sales meetings
- reverse prospecting online
- automatic alerts of new listings and solds in your neighborhood are sent to you
- Feedback on showings via the communication mode of your choice.
- To keep you informed
- To be your advocate through the negotiating process.
- To treat you fair and honestly.
- To be accountable to you in all things.
- To exercise reasonable care and due diligence.
- To be loyal and obey all lawful request of our clients
- To keep confidential any information gained in confidence unless disclosure is required by law, becomes public knowledge, or authorized in writing
- To present all written offers promptly.
MOST IMPORTANT IS YOUR TRUST AND REFFERALS!